* This is Mrs. Bliss’ 22nd year of teaching at HPE!
* Mrs. Bliss is our Head Teacher which means she fills in
for Ms. Luke in the office when she is off-campus for meetings.
She appreciates the opportunity to work with students and their
families. Mrs. Bliss is also our Technology Lead (creating our
school’s website), ASB Coordinator, School Site Council
Secretary, and plans our annual intermediate science camp field
* Personality Traits: funny, patient, creative, and sarcastic
* Ms. Johnson has been teaching for 26 years … 6 years as a
preschool teacher and 20 years in elementary education. This is
Ms. Johnson’s 17th year at HPE. She has
experience in preschool and grades 1st – 4th
* Ms. Johnson enjoys working and watching her students grow
as they learn new concepts. She likes to ensure that her
students are prepared with the necessary skills for the next
grade level. Her goal is to inspire her students to
want to learn more.
* Ms. Leon is enthusiastic & passionate about teaching and
working with a new group of students each year. She always likes
to be one step ahead of the game and learn from the lovely people
that surround her at HPE.
* Personality Traits: generous, kind, friendly, and
* Favorite Quote: ”We are all kings, all poets, all
musicians, we have only to open up, only to discover what is
already there”. –Henry Miller
* Mrs. Kennedy was a local professional artist for twenty-five
years while serving as a substitute teacher and teaching artist
(art-on-a-cart style) for the district before becoming a special
education teacher. She has taught for five years in this
capacity. This is her 4th year here at HPE.
* She has experience in grades Kindergarten through Eighth.