* This is Mrs. Bliss’ 22nd year of teaching at HPE!
* Mrs. Bliss is our Head Teacher which means she fills in
for Ms. Luke in the office when she is off-campus for meetings.
She appreciates the opportunity to work with students and their
families. Mrs. Bliss is also our Technology Lead (creating our
school’s website), ASB Coordinator, School Site Council
Secretary, and plans our annual intermediate science camp field
* Personality Traits: funny, patient, creative, and sarcastic
* Mr. Ferraz is new to HPE this year. He has been teaching in the
US for 31 years; 10 years in a private preschool, 13 years at the
public Kindergarten level, and the last 8 years where he looped
with the same class from First to Eighth Grade.
* He enjoys teaching so much, and in so many areas. Two main
reasons Mr. Ferraz enjoys teaching are singing & playing
music with children and reading about child development.
* Mr. Ferraz is enthusiastic, generous, and thoughtful about
the sustainability of the earth.
* Mrs. Uribes has worked in education for 28 years. This is her
second year teaching at HPE. In the past, she worked as a
preschool teacher, combination class teacher, a program director
of early childhood education programs, an administrator at the
elementary school level, and a professor for higher education. In
addition, she has also worked at a private Montessori school.
* Ms. Johnson has been teaching for 26 years … 6 years as a
preschool teacher and 20 years in elementary education. This is
Ms. Johnson’s 17th year at HPE. She has
experience in preschool and grades 1st – 4th
* Ms. Johnson enjoys working and watching her students grow
as they learn new concepts. She likes to ensure that her
students are prepared with the necessary skills for the next
grade level. Her goal is to inspire her students to
want to learn more.
Social and emotional learning (SEL) enhances
students’ capacity to integrate skills, attitudes, and behaviors
to deal effectively and ethically with daily tasks and
Self-Management = The ability to successfully
regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in different
situations — effectively managing stress, controlling impulses,
and motivating oneself; the ability to set and work toward
personal and academic goals.