SDC Fourth/Fifth/Sixth Grade
* Mrs. Kennedy was a local professional artist for twenty-five years while serving as a substitute teacher and teaching artist (art-on-a-cart style) for the district before becoming a special education teacher. She has taught for five years in this capacity. This is her 4th year here at HPE.
* She has experience in grades Kindergarten through Eighth.
* As the intermediate special education teacher she works with students with disabilities to feel good about themselves and maximize their potential while sensitizing the general education population to those who are different from them. Adding to the HPE community where differences and diversity are appreciated, where students recognize that everyone has strengths as well as areas where they may need help, and discover how they can learn from and support each other instead of judging others who not like themselves.
* Personality Traits: patient, artistic, present, empathetic, and believes with all her heart that every child can learn.
* Favorite Quote: “There needs to be a lot more emphasis on what a child can do instead of what he cannot do.” –Temple Grandin
* Favorite Children’s Book: Eragon, and the Inheritance Cycle series by Christopher Paolini
* Favorite Family Movie: “The Lion King”