* Ms. Leon is enthusiastic & passionate about teaching and
working with a new group of students each year. She always likes
to be one step ahead of the game and learn from the lovely people
that surround her at HPE.
* Personality Traits: generous, kind, friendly, and
* Favorite Quote: ”We are all kings, all poets, all
musicians, we have only to open up, only to discover what is
already there”. –Henry Miller
* For 17 of those 22 years, she lead the after school Chorus
program which she really enjoyed. Ms. Manah loves music and
singing a great deal. She has been doing after school tutoring
the past few years.
* Personality Traits: kind, patient, understanding, dedicated,
* Favorite Quote:
Favorite Children’s Book: The Bridge to Terabithia by
* This is Mrs. Bliss 21st year of teaching at HPE!
* Mrs. Bliss is our Head Teacher which means she fills in
for Ms. Luke in the office when she is off-campus for meetings.
She appreciates the opportunity to work with students and their
families. Mrs. Bliss is also our Technology Lead (creating our
school’s website), ASB Coordinator, School Site Council
Secretary, and plans our annual intermediate science camp field
* Personality Traits: funny, patient, creative, and sarcastic
* This is Mrs. Bull’s 4th year of teaching at HPE.
* She has experience in grades 1st-3rd in a Special Day
* Mrs. Bull enjoys communicating teacher input to the PTO,
helping to organize the Winter Program, participating in our
School Site Council, and being a member of our school’s crisis
team. Mrs. Bull enjoys each of the roles she has at HPE because
they allow her to interact with different groups of people
that are important to the school body and community (parents,
teachers, students, etc.).
* Mrs. Kennedy was a local professional artist for twenty-five
years while serving as a substitute teacher and teaching artist
(art-on-a-cart style) for the district before becoming a special
education teacher. She has taught for five years in this
capacity. This is her 3rd year here at HPE.
* She has experience in grades Kindergarten through Eighth.