* Experienced in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade.
* As Head Teacher at HPE, she has the opportunity to assist with administrative duties in the office when Ms. Luke is unavailable. Mrs. Bliss wears lots of hats at HPE, but what she enjoys most is working with and getting to know students and their families.
* Personality Traits: patient, creative, sarcastic, and dedicated to HPE & student success.
* Local professional artist for 25 years; substitute teacher and teaching artist before becoming a Special Education Teacher for the past 4 years; this is her 2nd year at HPE.
* Experienced in grades Kinder-8th
* As the intermediate Special Education teacher, Mrs. Kennedy works with students with disabilities to feel good about themselves and maximize their potential; helps to sensitize the General Education population to students who are different than them
* Experienced in grades 1st-3rd, in an Special Day Classroom
* Ms. Williams acts as the PTO liaison for the staff, helps plan & organize the Winter Program, is a member of the School Site Council, and is the team leader for the school’s Crisis Team.
* Ms. Williams says, “I enjoy each of the roles I have at school because they allow me to interact with different groups of people that are important to the school body and community (parents, teachers, and students).”
* A Speech Language Pathologist for 19 years; this is her 2nd year at HPE
* Experienced in working with preschool, elementary & middle school, and with with hospitalized adults
* Ms. Merriman says, “It is my desire to help my student understand how their story relates to the larger world, in relationship to geography and history. My hope is to help my students develop a better foundation for expressing themselves within the context of this larger world, to tell their own stories as they understand the importance of their place in this bigger picture.”